“Our rule is clear: safety first is an absolute priority for everyone at all times.”
Pascal Lebard, Chairman & CEO of Sequana
The paper business gives rise to specific risks that can cause serious personal injury. In the context of the 2012-2015 plan, the overriding goal of Arjowiggins is to strengthen the training path on occupational safety.
Its main actions include:
- the safety of paper machines and finishing equipment,
- dynamic risk analysis procedures.
Antalis’ safety policy, which relies on the “10 Golden Rules”, focuses on four key areas:
- management commitment,
- communication and employee commitment,
- operational excellence (with priority to risk control),
- influencing safe behaviours.
A self-assessment tool allows countries to monitor the policy’s implementation and to evaluate their maturity level in the safety management process.
has declined again in 2015 to 10.2.
* These results do not reflect any general deterioration, but rather affect a limited number of sites where action plans were initiated in the last quarter of the year.
As regards occupational health, Arjowiggins and Antalis continuously focus on the reduction of occupational illness risks linked to working conditions.
The Group pursues an active training policy to help employees boost their skills and perform their duties in the best possible conditions, and to ensure that the abilities of each employee are best aligned with the needs of the company.
Antalis focuses on employee and management training and development through three main actions:
- the Leadership programme, dedicated to new and established leaders, to acquire new skills in leading people, leading the business and leading change;
- an online e-learning platform to develop interpersonal skills, attend training in project management or performance management, acquire new technical expertise or knowledge on various products.
- WeConnect, the intranet dedicated to all employees to collaborate, communicate and connect.
Arjowiggins focuses its training policy primarily on personal and asset safety.